Italian tole looks nothing like Pennsylvania Dutch tole. They are both painted metal, but that’s about where it ends.
Italian tole chandeliers usually have painted fruit and flowers, but Chinoiserie chandeliers with bamboo and pagodas are a theme, too.
Some tole is still being made. You can find some at:
- Deep Discount Lighting Italian Tole and Floral Chandeliers
- Deep Discount Lighting Oriental and Asian Inspired Chandeliers and Pendants
The best place to find Italian Tole is on eBay.
Try these three searches:
- Search eBay for chinoiserie tole chandelier >
- Search eBay for bamboo tole chandelier >
- Search eBay for pagoda tole chandelier >
I found some really amazing pieces on Two Worlds Arts. But they don’t sell direct to the public. There are no prices. You have to go through an architect or designer.
Chinoiserie Umbrella Chandelier
Pagoda Wall Sconce
Some of these pieces are ones I have seen on eBay.